Sunday, October 2, 2011

Christie's Oct. Interior Sale Preview


What's more pleasant than strolling in Manhattan on a beautiful Sunday? The early Fall's refreshing and crisp weather reminds me just how much I miss antiques hunting in this season. So here I am, here in New York city, antiques hunting!
Well not exactly, except I decided to go preview the Interior Sale at Christie's. I always find it a fulfilling learning experience visiting auction houses, Christie's is one of my favorite. Aside from the fact that it is located in one of the most popular landmarks in NYC (Rockefeller Centre), I find its preview setting especially tasteful. Every piece is exhibited to show its best character.

Like this parcel-gilt scagliola and composite center table,


A pair of French Art Deco rosewood cabinets,


A vibrant oil on canvas by Raymond De Botton, signed and dated 1970.


A plush upholstered double-sided confidante sofa,


A Baltic faux-marble top wall-mounted console,

A free-form chrome (or aluminum) lounge chair,


A beautiful pair of marble top gilt-bronze end tables,

After hours of burying myself into this big pool of antiques and, of course, fantasizing the profit-making aftermath, I had to get hungry. Thanks to my friend's early dinner reservation at TAO, I ordered my favorite Miso glazed chilean sea bass and we enjoyed a lovely meal together. Just a perfect ending to a perfect day! :)

XOXO,
beibei


No comments:

Post a Comment